A Practical and Interactive Training Event
An introduction to the CoSHH 2002 Regulation, tools to assist with the preparing your own CoSHH (risk) assessments and clear guidance on the application of hazardous substance management in the workplace.
Who should attend?
All personnel responsible for CoSHH assessment and management; individuals working in an environment that involves the handling of hazardous substances and the interpretation of CoSHH assessments and safety data sheets. Laboratory managers and supervisors. Also be suitable for Health and safety professionals seeking a refresher in the Control of Substance Hazardous to Health Regulations
What does the course cover?
Identification of applicable legislation, including CHIP (up to 2015), Classification, Labelling & Packaging (CLP) including relevant aspects of REACH
- Identifying hazardous substances
- Identifying risks and appropriate controls
- Immediate and long-term health effects
- Health screening and exposure monitoring
- An understanding of other risks associated with hazardous substances i.e. fire, explosion
- Dealing with emergencies and spillage
- Personal protective equipment – and it’s limitations
- Hands-on practical development of CoSHH assessments, designed to meet the needs of your workplace
What does my organisation get out of it?
- The ability to extract required information form safety data sheets, and other sources, to enable the completion of CoSHH (risk) assessments.
- The ability to prepare effective CoSHH assessments.
- Knowledge required to implement a compliant CoSHH management system suitable for your business
- Tools and useful templates to prepare and implement hazardous substance information and training that meet your legal obligations and the needs of your workplace
To book a course to be held in-house or to find out more information please call 01793 784334
For more information please download our training flyer