Working at Height aims to help your organisation be legally compliant with the Work at Height Regulations 2005. It promotes a culture within your business that encourages everyone to consider the risks associated with working at height, and follow safe procedures while undertaking work.
What does the Course Cover?
- Falls from Height – Scale of the Problem
- Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Avoidance of Risk & Prevention of Harm
- Planning Work at Height
- Monitoring and Emergency Planning
- Preferred Methods of Access – Scaffolding, Mobile Platforms, Towers
- The benefits, limitations and common pitfalls of each of the above
- Safe Working on Scaffold Towers
- Appropriate Use of Ladders
- Ladder Selection & Inspection
- Ladder Erection & Stability
- Selection and use of Safety Harnesses in Practice
- Safe Working on Ladders & Stepladders
- A practical look at Working at Height Tasks within your business and consultation on appropriate control measures
What does my organisation get out of it?
- Legal compliance with the requirements to train persons who work at height
- Reduction in the risk of accidents
- Reduction in the potential for liability claims
- Employees who know how to recognise, eliminate, manage and control risk
- Employees who are competent to work safely at height
Important – Separate accreditation will be required for scaffold tower erection and MEWP operator licences.
For more information please download our Working at Height Training Flyer